The need for measuring wind increases as the need for wind driven energy rises.
With todays very tall wind turbines, it is very important to measure wind at the wind turbines hub height.
AWE is capable of performing measurements in heights ranging from 30 to 200 meters.
Typical wind measurement solutions for different needs:
Smaller wind farm with smaller wind turbines:
- Standard system - 50 - 60 meter mast
Larger wind farm with medium sized wind turbines:
- At least 60 meter mast with heavy redundancy
- Best solution deployable tall mast 80 meters, covering special needs
Large wind farms with large wind turbines:
- Tall mast to hub height - 80 to 120 meters
- Instrumentation and communication designed according to needs.
- LIDAR (laser) technology with measurement potential up to 200 meters.